Princess Dr. (Mrs.) Rosemary Osula Mku-Atu is a woman of courage, ingenuity, vision and achievement whose determination has led to the realization of humanity’s noblest sustainable development, peace and security across communities. Dr. Osula is an eminent woman who has broken glass ceilings, and pushed the frontiers of women entrepreneurs and in the process, paved the path for other men and women.
Melinda Gates puts it succinctly when she said: “Philanthropy is not about the money. It’s about using whatever resources you have at your fingertips and applying them to improving the world.” Dr. Osula arguably may not be the richest person in her community but she has made the difference by sowing her seeds of kindness.
The Vanguard Business Woman of the Year is manifesting herself as the avatar of hope and kindness through Rosula Foundation.
Evidence of her humanitarian and business sagacity can be seen in his work through Rosula Foundation’s charity, a non -govermental organisation (NGO) that has become the harbinger of hope for thousands struggling with socio-economic challenges around the world.
Warmly, her interventions have received accolades and attracted recognitions and awards from both within and outside Nigeria,
This report is an attempt to chronicle some of Dr. Rosemary Osula’s awards and special recognitions, at least, for the sake of posterity…
1. NIGERIAN UNION OF JOURNALISTS, EDO STATE CHAPTER
Divine Service Award, in recognition of her uncommon and sacrificial contribution to the provision of quality education for the less privileged.
2. MOTHER AFRICA MERIT AWARD (MAMA)2020: This award is in recognition of her enviable achievements on the continent of Africa and the United Kingdom in the sphere of humanitarian services presented by Royal Magazine International
3. VOICE OF NOTHERN NIGERIAN STUDENTS (VONNIS): Distinguished Merit Award as an “Achiever Per Excellence” in recognition of her immense contribution towards the Development of Students, Youths, Society and Service to Humanity.
4. CITY PEOPLE AWARD: The 25th City People Awards for Excellence in Philanthropy
5. VANGUARD NEWSPAPER: The Vanguard Woman Entrepreneur Award for the year 2020, (Entrepreneur and Philanthropist)
6. ACROSS AFRICA COMMUNICATION PROJECT: Distinguished Leadership Gold Award in National Development, Across Africa in recognition of her Exemplary Leadership Qualities and Transparent Antecedent in the Private Sectoe.
7. TELL COMMUNICATIONS: Tell Communication’s Top 20 Nigerian Women of Distinction.
8. THE AMAZONS: Recognition as one of the 20 Female achievers in Nigeria with a heart of Gold following her philanthropic activities which include women empowerment, Educational scholarships and funding of small and medium scale businesses.
9. EDO LEGACY FOUNDATION INC.: DISTINGUISHED PERSONALITY IN EDO STATE in recognition of her hard work and dedication in Nigeria and on the continent of Africa and also for being an Ambassador of Culture
10. MIDWEST TEMPO MAGAZINE PERSON OF THE YEAR 2020:
11. THE EXCELLENCE RECOGNITION AWARD 2021: Humanitarian Personality of the Year, 2020
12. CLASSIC AFRICA MERIT AWARD (CAMA 2021).
13. CRESENT UNIVERSITY ABEOKUTA:
Honorary Degree Award. Doctor of Science (DSc) in Business Administration (Honoris Causa) of Crescent University Abeokuta
14. WEST AFRICAN LEADERSHIP AND EMPOWERMENT CENTRE:
Life Time Achievement Award.
15. PRESTIGE EXCELLENCE: Prestige Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award in Philanthropy.
16. YOMAFA GLOBAL AWARDS:
Awarded to Rosula Foundation as the Most Outstanding Philanthropist Foundation.
17. EDO INDIGENOUS PROGRESSIVE ASSOCIATION (EIPA): Indigenous Philanthropic Award.